Righty-ho the Preliminary Task
well we were asked to film and edit a character opening a door, crossing a room and sitting down in a chair opposite another character, with whom she/he then exchanges a couple of dialogue. We worked the idea of this around that but found it very boring but was important was that we needed to demonstrate match on action, shot/reverse shot and the 180-degree rule. So we thought I know, lets be special.
Basically our storyline character one, Jack Mason aka Macky walks up some stairs, opens the door walks through and *SPOILER ALERT*
He ends up in the class room! Shock horror! And there has a short conversation with Character two aka me and ends with me being very confused that I ended up outside after walking through the door.
The Filming
I did not operate the camera because I was acting, if you didn’t know because you didn't bother reading my previous paragraph or if you just have a really short memory, or if you just have a really short memory, or if you just have a really short memory. Right that is enough with the memory jokes!
Our first shot was one of an aerial view of Jack walking up the stairs then we pan around him walking then opening a door. The next shot was an extreme close up of Jack walking into the table. The next shot was an establishing shot of the room from Jack’s point of view. We then used over the shoulder, demonstrating the 180’ rule. This then changes to a long shot of me getting up and walking out the door. The last shot is a medium shot of me walking out the door outside and saying “whoa”.
Apart from the extreme close up of jack which was a bit to extreme the filming went well and the characters were positioned well but that extreme close up was to emphasise the leg hitting the table, we should have filmed match on action of that.
Editing
My final result, I liked it! It contained all that it needed to contain and was very entertaining. Everyone in my group is saying how tedious and boring editing was. To be honest I loved editing one of my favourite parts, without the editing it would be pretty shoddy. I presume that I just like the feeling of knowing how to edit and loved how the task turned out. After all the mistakes were taken out and after moving and cutting the clips, there were no more problems with continuity I think it was perfect for a beginner in this type of work.
well we were asked to film and edit a character opening a door, crossing a room and sitting down in a chair opposite another character, with whom she/he then exchanges a couple of dialogue. We worked the idea of this around that but found it very boring but was important was that we needed to demonstrate match on action, shot/reverse shot and the 180-degree rule. So we thought I know, lets be special.
Basically our storyline character one, Jack Mason aka Macky walks up some stairs, opens the door walks through and *SPOILER ALERT*
He ends up in the class room! Shock horror! And there has a short conversation with Character two aka me and ends with me being very confused that I ended up outside after walking through the door.
The Filming
I did not operate the camera because I was acting, if you didn’t know because you didn't bother reading my previous paragraph or if you just have a really short memory, or if you just have a really short memory, or if you just have a really short memory. Right that is enough with the memory jokes!
Our first shot was one of an aerial view of Jack walking up the stairs then we pan around him walking then opening a door. The next shot was an extreme close up of Jack walking into the table. The next shot was an establishing shot of the room from Jack’s point of view. We then used over the shoulder, demonstrating the 180’ rule. This then changes to a long shot of me getting up and walking out the door. The last shot is a medium shot of me walking out the door outside and saying “whoa”.
Apart from the extreme close up of jack which was a bit to extreme the filming went well and the characters were positioned well but that extreme close up was to emphasise the leg hitting the table, we should have filmed match on action of that.
Editing
My final result, I liked it! It contained all that it needed to contain and was very entertaining. Everyone in my group is saying how tedious and boring editing was. To be honest I loved editing one of my favourite parts, without the editing it would be pretty shoddy. I presume that I just like the feeling of knowing how to edit and loved how the task turned out. After all the mistakes were taken out and after moving and cutting the clips, there were no more problems with continuity I think it was perfect for a beginner in this type of work.
No comments:
Post a Comment