1+1=11

Heya people weird enough to read my blog, or have to and what not. Blogs, hmmm till recently i would have said naaaa to writing a blog. But my mind has been forcibly been changed.



Im a student taking Media for one of my Alevels. And for those who are vaguely interested read on.





Monday, 4 October 2010

Reservoir Dogs and Lock Stocks media comparison.

The beginning scene in Reservoir Dogs opens in with the characters eating. This signifies unity within the group; this is a typical gangster scene. Not until everyone is introduced we see that they are in a café.
they are all dressed in black and white they look like a typical gang, whereas if I didn’t know that Lock stocks was a gangster movie I would have thought it was something else. The only indication to gangster is the dodgy deals at the beginning. But the setting was a private place suggesting they don’t want to be seen.

In Reservoir Dogs they had a low tone, very typical gang style whereas In Lock Stocks they speak in cockney rhyme which suggests they are in England. This one is very rushed, you want to watch on. But Reservoir is more relaxed I wasn’t as drawn in. there is a definite leader in this is movie. But in Lock Stocks I could not see a leader.

No comments: